Friday, January 21, 2011

The Return of the Blog!

Well I have to admit, I've been a little neglectful to the ol' blog the past few months. I even missed the blog's birthday (January 12) , and like any negligent parent it's time that I make amends for this. Honestly I found myself a little burned out on writing reviews all the time, but there's some big things in the works that I think will more than make up for a lack of reviews. 

Firstly, I will be doing movie reviews!!! I know, i literally just said I'm burnt out on doing movie reviews but the new approach will hopefully be much much more interesting. As I continued to review things I found that it was much more fun to do pieces on the "bad" movies, doing reviews for popular films just isn't quite as enjoyable, I know I like them and there's really no reason to repeat myself over and over again. So in the next few months myself and several friends will be attempting to write and shoot video reviews of crappy films. We've already found a few "gems" it's just a matter of filming, editing and of course figuring out a name for the "show."

Secondly, as of now I am in the process of writing/drawing a graphic novel. I'm not gonna say comic, cause that implies it'll be something like "Marmaduke" or "Blondie", no, this is a full fledged book that I am attempting to create. I'll save the illustrations for my other blog "Barely Artsy"  but I will put up little updates on here to, mostly concerning the writing process and a little bit on the characters I've made. 

2011 will definitely be a little different, but hopefully this will be a good change. Also, thanks to anyone that does read this blog, I know it's not much but any positive response sure is encouraging. So onward to 2011! 

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to the project. I really enjoy your writing. The encouragement will come, just keep writing and as things get out there for people to see, it will happen.

    ReplyDelete