Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Inception Review; Sweet Dreams

So I'm going to try my best to remain spoiler free in this review, but if you want to know as little as possible, just skip to the last paragraph where I'll give a generic summation.

Christopher Nolan has proven once again that he can make a good movie. Honestly, I knew I would like the film before I saw it, but I was blown away with how immensely awesome the film was.

The story follows Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) a man with a "special skill set" that makes him adept at entering peoples dreams and stealing information. He's tasked with a job that, if successful, will allow him to see his family again, who he has been separated from. That's all I'm gonna say, cause this is amovie you have to experience for yourself.

The cast is phenomenal. Leonardo Dicaprio is, once again, great. This character has a few similarities to Teddy from "Shutter Island" but DiCaprio makes the character feel different that there isn't any weird deja vu. Ellen Page has definitely come a long way from "Juno" and does a good job of being Cobb's new found ally. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a good comic side kick with out being cheesy or annoying, and is pretty capable of doing things on his own. Tom Hardy has to be my favorite character though, as Eames a smooth talking con artist/thief.

Nolan is normally known for using as little CGI as possible, but even in this movie, where he used more than he normally would, it looks great. Obviously CGI is needed for some of the mind bending things they do, particularly during Ellen Page's first few dream experiences. There isn't really anything I can say negatively about this film, it was all around good. I could see the plot maybe being a little too complicated for some people, but It never feels convoluted or like their BS'ing their way through the plot.

*FINAL SUMMATION* See this movie!!! If you like psychological thrillers this is one of the best that's out there. Watch this movie and it's very clear that Christopher Nolan is one of the best directors of our time. The only "negative" thing about the movie is the length (2hr and 28min!) but this movie is so good I never wanted it to end. Go see it, the more money Christopher Nolan makes the more awesome movies we get! It's a win-win, and this movie is a definite 5 outta 5!




No comments:

Post a Comment